- How to make money with Google AdSense?
- Advantages and disadvantages of Google AdSense
- Advantages of Google Adsense
- Disadvantages of Google Adsense
- Google AdSense Requirements
- How do I sign up for an AdSense account?
- How long does it take to get AdSense approved?
- How much can you earn from Google AdSense?
- How much does AdSense pay for 1 click?
- Is AdSense still profitable in 2022?
- Types of AdSense ads
- How to make money with Google AdSense?
- Conclusion: How to earn from Google
How to make money with Google AdSense?
How to earn from Google? You are probably familiar with Google AdSense. If not, here’s a three-step recap for you:
- Step 1 – Add your ad inventory
- Step 2 – Advertisers bid on your ad space
- Step 3 – Make money
Google AdSense is one of the most popular advertising platforms that allows website owners to earn money by displaying programmatic ads on their websites. It is a free platform connecting website owner with advertisers.
Our recent blog post looked at what types of bids are available in Google AdSense ads.
Today we’re going to go over everything you need to know before you start making money with Google AdSense.
To get started, you need to create a Google AdSense account. Then add a small piece of code to your website and that’s it. Later, Google will serve programmatic ads to users on your website.
Google states, “AdSense works by matching ads to your website based on your content and visitors. Advertisers who want to promote their products create and pay for ads. Because these advertisers pay different prices for different ads, the amount you earn will vary.”
These ads come from Google Ads, which is the platform used by advertisers. To decide which ad to display on your site, Google AdSense runs an auction in which the highest bidder among Google Ads advertisers wins. You earn money every time someone clicks on your ad.
Advantages and disadvantages of Google AdSense
Advantages of Google Adsense
- Joining is free.
- Suitable for small publishers (<100,000 visitors per month).
- The setup process does not require technical knowledge.
- The Auto Ads option automatically adapts the ads to your website and adapts them to each screen size.
- Multiple websites can be monetized with one AdSense account.
- Can be used to monetize Blogger.com or YouTube content (subject to requirements).
Disadvantages of Google Adsense
- Only one demand partner (Google) – cannot sell ad impressions at the highest price as with header bidding.
- Google takes a 32% commission on total advertising revenue.
- If you don’t reach the AdSense payment threshold ($100 or €70), you won’t get paid until the month your total earnings reach that threshold.
- If your account is terminated, you will no longer be able to use AdSense and in some cases monetize content using other Google services such as Google Ad Manager.
- Google may terminate your account without warning.
- The auto ads feature can sometimes merge two ads together or show a blank space instead of an ad, which is bad for the user experience.
Google AdSense Requirements
Before you sign up for Google AdSense, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You need access to the HTML source code of the site you want to monetize.
- Your website should have enough content.
- Your website must have original and high quality content.
- You should not generate or promote invalid activity (eg invalid clicks, invalid traffic) on your website.
- Your site should not contain offensive, hateful and adult content.
- You must comply with the Google Publisher Guidelines, the AdSense Program, and the Google Webmaster Guidelines.
- Make sure your site is user-friendly and free of malware, harmful redirects, phishing and other practices that disrupt the use of the website.
- Avoid misleading headlines or buttons that can be mistaken for advertisements. For example, don’t name a section on your website “Helpful Links” and encourage users to click on an ad.
In addition to the above requirements, there are some unofficial rules that can help you get accepted into AdSense.
How do I sign up for an AdSense account?
- Here’s how to join the AdSense program. First, you need to have a Gmail account. If you already have it, click this login link and click “Get Started” to login to your account.
- When you successfully sign in to your Google account, fill in a few more details about your website. If you don’t have a website yet, that’s fine because Google allows you to join the AdSense program without a website. However, it’s best if you choose to connect when you have one so you can use it right away.
- To complete this, you need to fill in some payment details, set up ads, and link your site to AdSense. You can add more than one site to this monetization platform.
Once you’ve done all of the above, you’ll receive a code snippet that you need to insert into the <head> section of your website. Don’t worry if you’re not sure, AdSense will guide you on how to do it.
Once you’ve completed this step, the AdSense team will review your site, check that it meets their requirements, and if everything is fine, you’re ready to monetize your site with Google AdSense.
From now on you can do more things like experiment with ad placement and the like. If you’re not sure how to optimize your ad traffic, you can try Google’s Auto Ads option. And you can read our blog to learn how to optimize your website traffic.
How long does it take to get AdSense approved?
AdSense approval time varies. Anything between 24 hours and up to two weeks is an acceptable time window.
There are two stages to getting your site approved for Google AdSense.
The first stage is verification – you need to submit a request. You will then receive a verification code that you must insert into the <head> section of your website.
This is done to verify that you own the website and to consider your program eligibility.
The verification phase takes 24 to 48 hours, in some cases up to a week. If it takes longer – don’t hesitate to contact Google AdSense support to find out why.
The second phase comes after your website is approved. You will receive an ad code that you need to add to the <head> section of your website.
During the validation phase, AdSense has already started crawling your site to see what ad inventory and traffic you have in order to place contextual ads on your site.
Depending on how quickly AdSense can determine the best ad types for your site, it may take a few hours to a day for ads to start appearing on your site.
How much can you earn from Google AdSense?
Your AdSense earnings will largely depend on the niche of your website.
For example, the highest paying AdSense loophole in 2022 is a legal loophole. The highest CPC for a car accident lawyer in the US is $385.75 (as of August 2022).
In close second place is the automotive industry. Cryptocurrencies, insurance and technology are also among the highest paying AdSense niches.
These niches are so profitable because these businesses have a very high ROI (return on investment) and each ad click has a high chance of converting into a sale.
How much does AdSense pay for 1 click?
AdSense is a CPC (cost per click) platform. So your earnings per click will depend on many factors such as competition in your site’s area, traffic volume, geolocation, ad placement, CTR (click through rate) etc.
In practice, most websites cost between $0.20 and $15 per click. You can try a rough estimate for your website with the AdSense income calculator.
Is AdSense still profitable in 2022?
For most new websites, AdSense can be one of the most affordable ways to start making money from ads. However, for a more established site, it is not the only and certainly not the best paying monetization program.
For website owners with at least 100,000 monthly traffic, there are more advanced and profitable monetization solutions (such as header bidding) that are commonly developed by monetization platforms.
These platforms typically include value-added services such as ad renewal, technical support, and more advanced ad formats.
Types of AdSense ads
There are several types of ads in Google AdSense ads. All ad units are responsive by default to accommodate different screen sizes and devices.
1. Display ads
Display ads are standard banner ads that can contain text, images, and video. Although responsive by default, the publisher can choose a fixed size ad unit for these AdSense ads. They are also compatible with AMP pages.
2. In-feed ads
In-feed ads are essentially native ads that appear in a feed (such as an article list) and resemble the look and feel of your website. They fit seamlessly into the content and are good for the user experience.
In addition, in-feed ads:
• great for publishers who have editorial/product records;
• suitable for monetizing additional advertising inventory;
• highly customizable.
3. In-article advertisements
In-article ads are also a form of native ads that appear between paragraphs of text on your pages. They don’t interrupt users’ natural reading flow and are tailored to work well on all article pages.
In-article ads are: how to earn from google
• better for user experience compared to standard display ads;
• great for mobile devices;
• useful for pages with long content.
4. Appropriate content
Matched Content is essentially a Google AdSense content recommendation tool with the option to include ads. It allows publishers to promote other pages on their website that are relevant to their readers. how to earn from google. how to earn from google
Matched content is available only for sites with sufficient traffic and a certain number of unique pages (the number depends on the site).
5. AdSense ads for custom search
If your site has a lot of content, you can add your own Google search engine and display ads in the search results. You get paid when users search for something on your site and click on an ad.
In addition, you can customize the search results page by excluding specific websites or changing the color scheme.
How to make money with Google AdSense?
1. Assess your website type
Some websites do better with Google AdSense than others. The types of websites that are easiest to optimize and generate good traffic are:
- media sites;
- social networks;
- online tools and games.
2. Don’t incentivize a click
This means that you should not click on your own ads or ask others to do so. Google is very strict about ad performance inflation and such practices can get your AdSense account suspended. how to earn from google
This can result in Google getting a two-click penalty, which can significantly reduce your earnings.
3. Create high quality content.
High-quality content that will resonate with your audience is essential. It is also the main aspect that determines your website’s search ranking.
Structure your content according to user intent and update it regularly. Additionally, follow SEO best practices to drive organic traffic to your website.
4. Add ads.txt
Ads.txt, or Authorized Digital Sellers, is an IAB initiative that allows you to declare the authorized sellers of your ad inventory. You can download the ads.txt file directly from your Google AdSense account.
Skipping or delaying this step can result in a loss of ad revenue for up to a month.
5. Optimize for mobile
Mobile devices will account for 55.07% of global web traffic in 2021. With mobile-friendliness being an official ranking factor, you should aim for the best possible user experience for your mobile users.
6. Provide a great user experience
Ranking algorithms like Core Web Vitals track user experience with your site. To ensure that your website works properly, consider the following aspects:
- website loading speed;
- navigation and alignment;
- Web interface.
Additionally, your ads must never exceed the content.
Related Article: How Many Ads Should I Put on My Website?
7. Use the best performing ad placement.
Use placements and ad formats with high ad visibility, such as fixed placement ads that stay viewable longer.
Since Google AdSense pays per click, you may want to try ad formats with high click-through rates, such as interstitial ads (called “vignettes” in AdSense).
Conclusion: How to earn from Google
There are no shortcuts to making a lot of money with Google AdSense. You need to consistently test ad placements and formats, optimize your website, and most importantly, produce high-quality content.